Sizes: UK 6-18 (Check our size chart to see how you fit into our sizing)
Difficulty: Lower Intermediate to Intermediate
The Culver is a Pier&Palace take on a multi-functional dress. Skater style with a nod to the sportwear trend, and featuring our classic panelled bodice fit. Feminine and girly, yet comfortable and practical for modern life - layer with a top or shirt under for a office pinefore, or add fancy shoes and jewellery for a wedding guest suitable outfit.
The dress is sleeveless, with a natural waist seam and an invisible or dress zip at CB. The skirt is a partial circle with curved inserts and is a 'just skimming the knee' length. There is the option of a facing or a full bodice lining to finish the neckline and armholes.
We’ve made our sample in a cotton/poly blend with 5% elastane - but we believe that you can make the Culver up in almost any midweight-heavy weight fabric with more than 2% stretch in. Heavier weight knits, such as neoprene and ponte de roma (or even a velvet), will also work brilliantly. You can truly make this piece your own!
Fabric Quantities - check the chart in pictures to see the exact amounts for your size:
- Main Fabric: 1.25-2.2m/1 3/8’-2 3/8’
- Lining Fabric: 0.9-1.4m/1-1 ½’ OR Facing Fabric: 0.3-0.35m/3/8'
- Fusible Interfacing: 4cmx60cm/2"x24"
- 56cm/22” long closed ended Invisible or Dress Zip
- Thread to match your main fabric
- Sewing Machine
- Overlocker/Surger or overlocking stitch
- Invisible zip foot
- Standard zip foot
- If using neoprene - Walking foot
- Understanding Facings
- Invisible Zip
- Using Stay Tape
- Matching Seams
- Inserting a Curve
What you’ll get in your pattern pack:
- Ready to print pattern (in both tiled print-at-home and copyshop (A0) format with and without seam allowance)
- Instructional E-booklet (includes all instructions, guidance and detailed diagrams)
- Inspirational E-magazine (to inspire your creativity)
- Printing instructions
- Cover Page (all basic info) or to use as a pattern wallet
Get inspired and see other makers Culver’s in our Culver Dress Gallery.