Sizes: UK 6-18 (Check our size chart to see how you fit into our sizing)
Difficulty: Intermediate to Higher Intermediate
The Kemptown is a Pier&Palace take on the eternally classic biker jacket, with feminine curved seaming and a demi-couture style finish. Cropped and fitted, Kemptown is a great inbetween seasons layering piece, or a simple way to dress up any outfit.
The standard sleeve length is 3/4, and the jacket should finish just above the high hip. The overall finish is a fitted jacket, if you wish to have a looser body fit, consider using a larger size and slimming the sleeves and shoulders to fit.
We’ve made our sample in a raw, slubby silk - but we believe that you can make the Kemptown up in almost any midweight-light fabric with a bit of body. You can truly make this piece your own.
Fabric Quantities - check the chart in pictures to see the exact amounts for your size:
- Main Fabric: 1.1-1.8m/1 ¼’-2’
- Lining Fabric: 0.9-1.4m/1-1 ½’
- Fabric to make Bias Strips: 60-90cm²/24-36inch²
- Fusible knit interfacing: 0.6-1.8m (depending on your fabric choice)
- 36-41cm/14-16” long open ended jacket zip
- Thread to match your main fabric
- Interlined Throughout Body
- Hong Kong Finished Seams
- Fully Lined Sleeves
What you’ll get in your pattern pack:
- Ready to print pattern (in both tiled print-at-home and copyshop format with and without seam allowance)
- Instructional E-booklet (includes all instructions, guidance and detailed photographs)
- Inspirational E-magazine (to inspire your creativity)
- Printing instructions
- Colouring-In sheet
- Cover Sheet (all basic info)
Get inspired and see other makers Kemptown’s in our Kemptown Jacket Gallery.