Pico Wrap Dress
Sizes: UK 6-24 (Check our size chart to see how you fit into our sizing)
Pico is Pier & Palace’s first take on one of the most popular modern dress styles - the wrap dress. Our design takes inspiration from one of the original historical wrap dresses, the Japanese kimono. This design feels classic but still has some modern details and interesting construction twists. And of course, most importantly, it has pockets.
The dress is sleeveless, with a high waist obi belt attached into the seams, and a wrap closure with a under tie to keep it secure. The skirt is smooth A line with pleats at the princess seams and CB, and has a curved dipped hem which sits just around the knee. There is a facing finish around the neckline, front wrap and top of the armholes - the bottom of the arm holes are bound.
Pico is a woven style with two fabrics - the main body and the contrast. We’ve made our sample in a cotton chambray with a cotton shirting as the contrast, which gives a cool summery feel. This style can take more drapey fabrics (such as fine cottons, cotton/silk mixes or viscose - especially as crepes), smooth fine fabrics (lawns or shirting work well) or structured fabrics (taffeta or mid-weight twill) for a bolder or more 50's look and shape.
Fabric Quantities - check the chart in pictures to see the exact amounts for your size:
- Main Fabric: 1.4-2.2m // 1 1/2-2 3/8’
- Contrast Fabric: 1.1-2m // 1 1/4-2 1/8’
- Bias tape: 2.1-3.3m // 2.3-3.6'
- Narrow ribbon 40cm // 16"
- Thread to match your main fabric
- Sewing Machine
- Overlocker/Surger or overlocking stitch
- Stitch in the ditch foot
- Making continuous binding
- Binding an edge
- Adjusting for a full bust (FBA)
- Swing tags
What you’ll get in your pattern pack:
- Ready to print pattern (in both tiled print-at-home and copyshop A0 format with seam allowance)
- Instructional E-booklet (includes all instructions, guidance and detailed diagrams)
- Inspirational E-magazine (to inspire your creativity)
- Printing instructions
- Cover Page (all basic info) or to use as a pattern wallet
Get inspired and see other makers Pico’s in our Pico Dress Gallery.